Upon reading the title of this comic strip I have to admit this wasn't the direction I had imagine that Engelberg was heading it. I actually didn't see that many "shallow" aspects. While meant to light on an intense situation I found that the comic a some sad undertones. The comic allowed the reader to see things from a perspective different than their own. When Engelberg says "Don't look at her breat area." after she says she is a breast cancer survivor only made me reflect on the times in my life where I have been in the same situation only I am the person avoiding eye-contact. Though a serious matter Engelberg did a great job a portraying situations she dealt with as a cancer surviour and allowed the reader a chance to see how dealing with breast cancer as opposed to another type of cancer is a more sensitive matter.
Also, I thought her t-shirt idea was clever and cute.
[I tried to make the font color a light pink in honor of breast cancer awareness.]
No comments:
Post a Comment