Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Across the Wire
When Urrea first began the story I wasn't sure what he could be talking about with the sub-section title being "Trash". However, the extreme poverty he describes, though the situation terrible, he manages to articulate the description so well it seems to have a calming/serene feel to it. As weird as that sounded I hope it made sense. For example, after he goes on to describe the weather though he says things like "colds makes their lips bleed" he describe the baby being wrapped for warmth but tin a trash bag. I enjoyed how it broke up the entire into these little sub categories it was like you got a snap shot into all the different little scenes happening around the area because had the entire story been about one thing it may have been viewed as winded. My favorite part was the "Coffee" section where he describes the "for the dump, anyway -- especially luxurious house"the statement in itself is an oxymoron but he does a good job with descriptions, as throughout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment