Tuesday, October 19, 2010
"Persia on the Pacific"
These are the type of stories I enjoy reading, memoir style that is easy to follow, and interesting to read, the other did a great job of catching and keeping my attention. I like the invented word that fused "Iran" and "Los Angeles" to create "Irangeles" it made me slightly smile while reading it. I love how he talks about how a second generation views their culture and the pride for their culture as opposed their parents (the first generation) to be in the United States few the same topic so drastically different. I find it crazy because it is so easy to relate to. For example, with myself, though raised in the United State my entire life I still find I have more pride for my Haitian roots than my mom does and she is the first generation to be born in the United States. The examples he uses to describe how the parents feel, seems to be a scenario I can imagine either being in myself or another relative having. I think this was a great story especially as person that comes from multi-cultures. I love how they also compared Iranians in the U.S. and Europe to Cubans in Miami (great reference for me to relate to)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment