Tuesday, October 19, 2010
"A Path Taken, with All the Certainty of Youth"
If forced to put this excerpt into a genre I would be able to pick one out, though it is a memoir in the sense is also tells the authors story almost similar to that of a mini-biography. I do enjoy how she described he journey, or lack there of a journey for that matter, to how she became a writer. I love where she says "In biographies there is usually some determining moment in early life that predicts the course of the future artist or scientist or politician." Easily sums up how she feels and she realizes she never really had that moment it just happened for her. Even admitting that her first poem she ever wrote wasn't good. Its funny because a lot of times people end up in careers that they may have no planned for, rather it just happened for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment